Road Trip Through the Midwest US
Seeing the Sights Along I-70 and I-80
We just returned from an 11-day road trip from Chicago to Colorado and back - driving 2,750 miles - on I-70 going out and on I-80 coming back.
As always we hiked lots of great locations and saw all sorts of interesting sights to include:
- Mid America Motor Works
- Cross at the Crossroads: America’s Largest Cross
- Kaskaskia Dragon
- Combat Air Museum
- Kansas Cosmosphere
- Monument Rocks
- World's Largest Easel
- Cripple Creek and Victor Gold Mining Areas
- Garden of the Gods
- United States Air Force Academy
- Wings of Change Statue
- Statue of Liberty Replica
- Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles
- Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum
- Iowa 80 – World’s Largest Truck Stop
- Retro Rocket Ship
- Moai Dude
- Rock Island Arsenal Atomic Cannon, National Cemetery and Confederate Cemetery
As always I took far too many photos - so I'll start posting them in the next day or two.
If you can't wait to see some of the photos the we took during our trip, you can always check out our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/HikingCampingandShooting
Leave a Reply.
What's On This Page?
Here's where we post reviews, questions, answers, thoughts and other information that's of general interest to our followers in a blog format.
Copyright 2016-2023 Hiking, Camping and Shooting