Last Year We Continued to Grow – Again….
Like most websites, ever since we launched our Hiking, Camping and Shooting (HCS) website back in 2016 we’ve tracked the statistics to see who our readers are, where they’re located and what they read. Since 2022 recently finished we thought that we would share some of our latest statistics from the year with all of you.
In 2022 our readership increased by 29% and came from 155 different Countries from around the world. This year we had another significant increase of readers coming from countries outside of the US – up 16% - but 61% or our readers still came from within the United States. The largest concentrations outside the US were from the following 20 Countries:
We have readers from all 50 of the United States - with the largest concentrations being in the following 20 States:
The 35 pages and blog posts that people read the most during 2022 were:
In 2022 we saw a marked increase in the number of readers of our “Adventures” pages - where we show photographs of our travels around the world; probably because after all the craziness of the past two years people were ready to get outside and see the world in all its beauty again.
Since we now have almost 40% of our readers from around the globe there is constant activity on the site during the day – with no single time span really seeing significantly more readers than any other time.
Most of our readers find us either by searching on Google (58%) or by previously having been to our website and coming directly to us - which increased from 13% to 29% this year due to the fact that our number of “returning readers” continues to increase. A much smaller percentage (12%) find us through other sources to include our Hiking, Camping and Shooting Facebook page.
The majority of our users view our website from either their mobile device (50%) or their desktop computer (47%) using either Chrome (58%) or Safari (30%) browsers.
Since we launched our website back in April 2016 we've had people from 171 different countries stop by, with 74% coming from the US and the other 26% from all over the World during those 6 ½ years. The top 25 international countries and the top 25 US States are:
Hopefully this data shows you that in 2022 you were once again in good company as you read through our Hiking, Camping and Shooting gear write-ups and blog posts. We hope that they gave you some information that made all of your adventures a little more fun.
Wherever you’re from, we’re glad that you stopped by to look over our HCS website and look forward to seeing you again in 2023 as we grow even larger and add more gear write-ups, blog posts and adventure photos.
What's On This Page?
Here's where we post reviews, questions, answers, thoughts and other information that's of general interest to our followers in a blog format.